In Toronto …
• One out of four children live in poverty
• In some areas, barely one person in 30 lives below Statistics Canada’s poverty line (the Low Income Measure), while in others, two out of every three residents live in poverty
• More than 20 languages comprise the top languages spoken in each Toronto neighbourhood
• There are more seniors than children
• People living alone make up the most common household type
Learn more about these and other trends and issues affecting the quality of life in Toronto in the Toronto Foundation’s Vital Signs Report.