Suffering from Sunday evening insomnia. Bobbi Brown Instant Full Cover Concealer to the rescue on Monday morning. I am loving this product. I first use my Rodan + Fields REDEFINE Multi-Function Eye Cream and then follow with the Concealer – apply a bit with the applicator but pat and blend with my finger. My shade is Cool Sand which provides instant brightness to my eye area. While I love to wear eye makeup, a concealer is perfect for those who don’t want to wear makeup – it helps you look fresh and awake and who doesn’t want that. Available in 15 shades too. If you are in Toronto and want to find your perfect shade, definitely go and see Tamara Spence Vega at Murale at CF Shops at Don Mills.
Many people love being close to the water. Others love being close to the mountains. For me, it is being close to trees and nature. It soothes and nourishes my soul especially at sunset. Happy to discover this beautiful spot this evening and to be able to enjoy a quiet moment savouring one of life’s simple joys.
It is always fun to try a new makeup look especially in the summertime. Thank you to Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Makeup Artist Tamara Spence Vega at Murale – Shoppers Drug Mart‘s awesome beauty store – at CF Shops at Don Mills for inviting me to your summer Peace, Love, Beach makeup event. Fun to try a few products outside of my makeup comfort zone and to go uncomfortably bright with your awesome new better than sleep Instant Full Cover Concealer. I have been wanting to try this since I found out about it months ago and it didn’t disappoint. If you are looking for a new look or to learn something new and live in the Toronto area, definitely book into see Tamara. She is awesome and always teaches me something new. A bonus of today is an Optimum point redemption this weekend at Murale. Happiness for any makeup lover like me.
Brand: Bobbi Brown (@bobbibrown)
Shop: Murale at Shops at Don Mills
Makeup Products * Instant Full Cover Concealer in Cool Sand * Sand Foundation Stick * Golden Pink Long Wear Shadow * Peace, Love, Beach Eyeshadow Trio * Baltic Blue Sparkle Liner * Smokey Eye Mascara * Nude Finish Illuminating Powder in Bare * Pretty Pink Blusher * Sunrise Glow Highlighter * Crystal Lip Gloss with a bit of pale pink creamy lipstick
On our daily travels, we interact with many people including those we share space with on our commute to work, to the barista we purchase our coffee from to our team members and prospective clients. It takes 1/10 of a second to form a first impression based on facial impressions and non-verbal communication. Do you smile and make eye contact? Do you cross your arms and come across at standoffish? People tend to trust their gut reactions when meeting someone. What impression are you making to others on your travels?
I love the Gusto TV network and one of my favourite shows is Urban Vegetarian with Desiree Nielsen. I love tempura so I finally tackled Desiree’s homemade version this evening with wasabi mayo. Loved it. I highly recommend for any tempura lovers.
Palliative Care is about living well.
Dr. Desmond Leung is a Palliative Care Doctor at the Freeman Centre for the Advancement of Palliative Care at North York General Hospital. I have known Dr. Leung for the last six years and am lucky to be able to volunteer with him on the NYGH Palliative Care Steering Committee. For National Hospice Palliative Care Week, Dr. Leung was interviewed on CBC’s Metro Morning with Matt Galloway as he works to change the face of Palliative Care. Amazing interview. Please take time to listen to it.
Life is all about experiences and thanks to Instagram and a wee bit of good timing, I got to spend a fun afternoon at Harrods two years ago today with Bobbi Brown UK Senior Pro Artist Hannah Martin (@hannahmartinmakeup). Imagine an afternoon chatting all things makeup, learning new techniques and getting a bit glam for my evening out in London. Incredibly awesome experience!
My mother loved makeup and never left home without it especially her pink lipstick. As they say, the apple does not fall from the tree. I have adored makeup for as long as I can remember, always love a chance to have my makeup done and the opportunity to learn new things. With London calling, a telephone call across the pond to Harrods secured an appointment for Friday afternoon before meeting my friends for an evening of drinks, dinner and dancing. I was very excited for the chance to meet and learn from Hannah after following her for many months on Instagram. I also love how I had absolutely no idea she was on hand at the 2011 Royal Wedding until after my holiday but no less exciting to find out after the fact. I have loved all things British since childhood including the Royal family so this was icing on the cake to this experience.
Having your makeup done by Hannah is like hanging out with your BFF. Reflecting back, I share a few of the awesome tips I learned that day.
* Lip Balm – nourish your lips when you start to apply your makeup and then apply lipstick or lip gloss once you have finished your makeup. Always the final step.
* After applying foundation, smoosh your face with your hands. The warmth will help melt your makeup into your skin. A simple tip that Bobbi Brown taught her.
* Bronzer and Blusher – Place bronzer high on the checks, the temple and don’t forget to warm your neck. Think of drawing a three on both sides of your face with a pop of blush on the cheeks. Hannah’s favourite is blue pink called pale pink which she often uses on brides – maybe even one famous one. Finish up with a bit of Shimmer Brick to highlight on the upper cheekbones. Remember to smile during these steps.
* Brows – I never filled mine in until Hannah introduced me to Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil in Wheat.
* Eyes – Hannah created an evening smokey eye look for my night out with friends. I normally wear brown, navy or purple eyeliner (or eye shadow as liner) but she promised me a Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Blank Ink would make my green eyes pop without being too harsh for my fair complexion and blonde hair. It definitely did. Gel Eyeliner can take a bit of getting used to it but I love it. I use the Ultra Precise Eyeliner brush to apply it close to the lash line and will carefully dot below the lid. For a smokey eye look, I will smudge it with the Smokey Eye Liner Brush. Another fun addition was sparkle to my eyelids with Sparkle Eye Shadow in Mica. It has become a staple for my evening eye look. Finish with Mascara.
I loved that Hannah made me look like a more glamorous version of me. To this day, she continues to inspire me through her Instagram feed, YouTube videos and many articles. If you love everything makeup, definitely subscribe to Hannah Martin’s YouTube Chanel.
Hannah – I consider myself so lucky to have had the opportunity to learn from you. Hope our paths will cross again soon in London or Canada. Thank you for your beautiful spirit and teaching women everywhere to be who they are. xx