My Packing List. I always keep one saved in my mobile phone which I can adjust depending on the destination. I definitely review on my outbound journey as I pack to ensure I don’t forget anything and avoid unnecessary purchases. I would love to say I am a smart savvy packer but truth be told I still tend to bring too much. Likely adhering to my family travel rule “If you could carry it yourself, you could bring it.” Since I can carry a lot I seem to bring more than I need.
Hope you find this list a helpful resource and a great starting point to create your very own travel packing list.
• Camera – DSLR and/or Point and Shoot
• Ear buds for my iPhone and iPod
• Eyeglasses and Sunglasses including cases
• Prescription and Non-Prescription Medication
• Mobile Telephone and/or Tablet
• Makeup (non-liquids)
• Ziploc Bag Medium for all on-board liquids – packed before I leave for the airport to ensure everything fits and the ziploc can be sealed
• Shawl to keep warm on the flight
• Jewellery if bringing anything outside of what I wear day to day. I have a wrapable jewellery pouch for travel and tend to keep jewellery to a minimum unless I am attending a special event
• Hair brush
• Extra Ziploc bags
• Lint Brush
• Hat – sun and/or winter – depending on destination
• Gloves if visiting a destination with a cold and/or temperate climate regardless of season. There is nothing worse than surprise weather and being super cold. I have been in this situation in June in England. Never again.
• Jeans if I wish to change at my destination
• Chargers – mobile phone, iPad, camera, electric converters and adapters. I keep mine in one pouch – I have a Stella and Dot Pouf that I use for this purpose.
• My folder of all my travel documents
• A luggage tag and also place my contact details inside my carry-on
• Jeans and Pants
• Dresses and/or Skirt
• Short Sleeved and Sleeveless T-Shirts
• Sweaters and/or Cardigans
• Shoes – flats/running shoes/boots
• Scarfs or Shawls
• Bag to use day to day when out and about
• Tights and/or socks
• Travel Hair Dryer – Dual Voltage (if required)
• Flat Iron – Dual Voltage (if required)
• Bags for shoes – I wrap each shoe individually and line the edges of the suitcase
• Toiletries Bag Essentials. With changes of the rules many things end up under the plane. Mine would include Skincare, Makeup, Make-up Remover, SPF, Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Styling Creme, Dry Shampoo and Hair Spray – non-aerosol, Mini Perfume, Nail Polish, Nail File, Contact Lenses – Dailies, Toothpaste and Toothbrush, Floss, Deodorant and a Mini First Aid Kit. I always wrap any things I don’t want to potentially leak inside my luggage in ziplocs and then wrap my toiletries bag in another bag. A little excessive but it ensures no accidents and ruined clothing.
• Scissors, nail clippers, and tweezers – Always remember to pack in your checked luggage
• A luggage tag and also place my contact details inside the luggage in case it and my destination tags go missing.
To discover more of my travel tips, please visit my Leaving on a Jet Plane post.
Happy packing and trails to you!